THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Sunday Joke Of The Day

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sunday Joke Of The Day

Being that I write my ass off all week I thought I might add this post on Sundays so I might have a day of rest like the rest of the world.

If you don't like it let me know, and I will see what I can do to appease your greedy, needy warped news whoring little eyes that need constant sating.

If you do like the idea I hope you enjoy the joke enough to pee your pants (Okay maybe not pee your pants ((I was trying to flatter myself)) but at least you might get a giggle out of it).
_________________________________________________

A drunk, who smelled of beer sat down, on a subway seat next to a priest.

The man's tie was stained, his face was plastered with red lipstick and a half empty bottle of gin was sticking out of his torn coat pocket. He opened his newspaper and began reading.

After a few minutes the man turned to the priest and asked, "Tell me, Father, what causes arthritis?"

The priest replied, "My Son, it is caused by loose living, being with cheap, wicked women, too much alcohol and a contempt for your fellow man, sleeping around with prostitutes, and a lack of personal hygiene."

The drunk muttered in response, "Well, I'll be darned," and returned to his paper.

The priest, thinking about what he had said, put his hand gently on the man's arm and apologized. "I'm sorry.... I should not have come on so strong. How long have you had arthritis?"

"I don't have arthritis, Father," the drunk replied. "I was just reading here that the Pope does. "

_________________________________________________

PS: I have been getting many story requests via e-mail to see how far I can go when the news really sucks. I LOVE THIS!!!!!! If you have an idea for a story let me know and I will rip it to shreds and twist it to the way it should be written.

If you come for a visit, leave me a link to your site through the link exchange at the bottom of the right hand column. It's always nice to read new faces!!

On another note: You will see I have put a new entry on my side bar regarding Paul Brown Jazz. You should all check him out and buy the records so he can keep my in the lifestlye I have become accustomed to. As soon as I can figure out how to add photos over there I will post the album covers.

Have a wonderful week all!

9 Comments:

Blogger Schmoop said...

I liked the joke...Thanks for the kudos and for introducing me to your site, I'll stop by often...Cheers!!

Matt

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Joke of the Day idea and reading your blog! --Robin

6:01 AM  
Blogger Michael C said...

Great joke and you deserve a day off (so to speak)!

7:06 AM  
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

Love the joke. Funny as hell! Enjoy your day off. Everyone needs and deserves one!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Hey JB,

Love it! Cheers,
Erik

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the joke idea. Though this one wasn't really that funny. Maybe I'm not getting something. But the idea is good. And yes youdo deserve a day off. Like any other news editor ( twister ) does.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

Good laugh, thanks!

Day off? Never heard of it. How does that work?

Your joke reminded me of this one:

A priest notices an elderly gentleman awaiting confession one morning, so the priest asks the man to tell him what is on his mind.

"Well Father," he says, "I'm 72 years old, been married for over 50 years and I've been faithful all that time ... until now. I spent the entire weekend with two 22-year-old twins."

The priest nods sadly. "And as a good Catholic," he says, "you've come to confess your sins."

"No Father, I'm Jewish."

The priest blinks in surprise. "Then what are you telling me for?"

"Are you kidding? I'm telling EVERYBODY!"
-----
(Now it's a JOKE people! Don't go saying that Doc Andrew, of all people, is condoning adultery. If we can't loosen our ties and laugh at ourselves once in a while, we're all in big trouble.)

Take care, JB!
Andrew

3:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

heh heh hee hee hee hee heh heh. giggle giggle (snort) giggle.

And that's all I got to say bout that.

Later Yall....

3:54 AM  
Blogger Editor said...

Pope has other afflictions as well. Such as...SRH (semen retention headache) comes from not gettin' nun. [INSERT LAUGH HERE]

The pics on the right should be easy. I can send you a simple code that will allow you to put in any hosted pic. You will also be able to make it a link if you desire.

I use it on my Blog's to some effect.
http://100dollarbill.blogspot.com/

feel free to use any of the jokes posted for your Sunday's

"D"

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................