THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: JBLA To Return Thursday

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

JBLA To Return Thursday

Due to a power outage on my street I was forced to take a short hiatus. Our power just came on at 1:56 p.m. today and I have yet to look through the news for anything I believe is newsworthy.

I shall work diligently later today for a post, which may or may not appear today, but I guarantee it will appear by the early morning hours tomorrow.

Thanks for all who came by expecting to see something new, my apologies!

For those looking for something over the next few hours--you're shit out of luck-- because I'm only staying in the house long enough to finish emptying my smelly fridge and freezer of all things edible (or were edible) that have now gone bad. Once that's done I'm off to swim for a few hours until the air conditioner can bring the inside temps down from 94 degrees.

Hope all are staying cool, refreshed and entertained throughout this blasting heat wave.

Till tomorrow,
Jacqui

4 Comments:

Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Unfortunately, you will not be reimbursed for all your perishable items that've gone bad; instead, you will receive an increase on your next utilities bill for their diligent effort in getting your power back. Remember to thank them. --Jim

6:09 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Ack long power outages are the worst, hope you are getting back into the swing of things!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

I can totally relate.
Two weeks after moving into our new home, we had a string of tornadoes rip through the area. We had to check into a hotel (not a luxury you can afford after just moving!) We were without power for nine days. We had to smuggle the cat into the hotel room with us (fortunately, Lee hadn't started working yet & could stay with her in the A/C). What a way to be welcomed to Michigan -- and to try to start a new job -- but an experience I'll not likely forget. What's on my Christmas list this year: a generator.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Hey all, I once dated a woman named Jacqui. You're not her, are you? (in London); and Morgen, small world. I was apt. hunting on the day those tornadoes ripped through and had to hole up in a basement during an appointment. Good timing, though: got to choose a place that was still standing and didn't have big trees smashed into its side like two of the alternatives. ;) Good luck, JB! Detroit was part of a massive blackout a few years ago, and though I survived out of town, my sushi was, shall we say, inedible upon return. Now I just keep as little as possible on hand besides water and non-perishibles. The joys of the power grid. . . . .
Cheers, Erik

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................