THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Stem Cell Veto Leaving Many Feeling Blue

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Stem Cell Veto Leaving Many Feeling Blue

U.S. President George Bush took on a new role today as that of a joykiller when he veto'd a bill that would fund future embryonic stem cell research.

"Oh grow up for God's sake," Bush said. "If God wants you to stop shaking or get out of those chairs he'd give you the power to stand on your own two feet, besides we have a war going on and another we're about ready to jump into and the money we save on healing all your sorry asses will go towards military personnel and bombs."

Signed in private chambers away from the eyes of the press, Bush emerged with a victorious look on his face and spent several minutes gathering dozens of small children to stand in front of him in an effort to thwart any physical threats to his life.

Those politicians standing behind Bush's veto agree that the responsible thing to do is to save those who have yet to be born and let the devil may be for those who are currently alive and suffering, and whose only hope of living a better quality of life might just arise from this kind of scientific research.

"These people are already worn out and broken so we need to save the next generation who will likely come up with a better solution to this needed cure."

Many Americans who have suffering from diseases such as Parkinsons or injuries, and whose possible cure has just been waylaid, were disappointed by this decision.

At their own press conference held shortly after the president's a spokesman representing one organization whose main goal is to keep the research going released a statement to the press.

"For the past 5 1/2 years under this administration we had held onto a small sliver of hope but after today's decision...we're all feeling rather blue."

6 Comments:

Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Brava.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dang..... That is just so right on the money I can't think of anything funny to say. You are good. LOL

Later Yall.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Pawlie Kokonuts said...

JBWG,
Yeah, I guess this is a COL (cry out loud) post because your story hits to close to the bone (bone marrow research? sorry, we're dogmatic here at the White House. Give the dogmatic a bone. I digress.) It's all too true. I could see the Bushies spinning it this way -- or Snowing it.

5:55 PM  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

I think the Shrub isn't getting enough water. --Jim

9:51 PM  
Blogger Mistress Regina said...

Come and have a look will you,
The Ladies, Goddesses And Bitches Writing Consortium.

Should it be something you enjoy, we'd be pleased to have you join us...would welcome referrals --- you surely must connect with intelligent, confident women who are able to express themselves --- and we'd like to arrange a link exchange.

Will look forward to hear from you.

5:37 PM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

Morgan, it's not hard to see the 'Bush' once the forest is gone.

Meloncutter, leaving you speachless is something I aspire to.

Anjaka, not exactly sure what that means but thanks for stopping in.

Pawlie, you are coconuts and I love ya for it.

JR...TEE HEE!

Mistress, I hear you beckoning and shall come a glancing as soon as I catch up with the mess my lovely daughter made while I was out of town.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................