THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Fishermans Wharf Going To Pot

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Fishermans Wharf Going To Pot

San Francisco's progressive attitude towards sex, drugs and rock and roll have been highlighted in the news for decades but now some are questioning whether this very attitude will bring a new class of undesired elements to their famous Wharf.

While 56% of Californians voted to pass Proposition 215, a bill which allows the use of medicinal marijuana under medical supervision, it is becoming apparent to city officials that many local residents don't want a 'pot dispensary' at one of the cities biggest tourist attractions.

"Oh yeah, this is certainly gonna make this area a big tourist attraction," said one disgruntled neighbor. "We're going to have every sick mother f***er that visits San Francisco hanging around this 'joint' venture. Next thing you know they'll put a f'ing Wall Mart in too."

But, while many see the dark cloud presented by this issue others see it as a way to increase commerce in the area not only by the pot sales themself, but by the influx of independant 'medical' experts who are flocking to the area looking for lease property hoping to get a piece of what many believe will become a cash-cow.

"I feel it's my responsibility to provide this kind of medical support," said one doctor whose brand new store boasted a sign in the window that reads 'Pain=Pot=Pleasure'. "If I can't provide my patients with this kind of relief they'll just go somewhere else, so why the hell not."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...if it's really successful, they can just rename it The Cash-Cow Palace...

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................