THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Alcohol Crimps Writers Brain

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Alcohol Crimps Writers Brain

A blogger who wished to remain anonymous, recently attended a July 4th bash where she downed several margaritas.

The consumption count is still under investigation but witnesses say it was estimated to be one too many.

After an official check up from a personal physician, the blogger was advised to get plenty of rest, drink plenty of water and avoid any alcoholic beverages during the next several days.

"I don't know why I did it but I did it good, or bad depending on how you look at it," the blogger said. "My brain is just kind of frozen right now and has produced an unusual writers block but I'm sure it will pass sometime later today."

Editors, although not amused by the situation, took into consideration that stress and deadlines of news writing have driven many writers to hit the bottle on occasion.

"We believe this is likely the specific cause for this brief alcoholic respite."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A landmark case, given that a legion of American writers (at least male ones)seemingly couldn't get their starters started without a a vat of whiskey in their belly.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Next year, When I do my annual 4th of July rib fest... I plan to have an ambulance cot and an IV hooked to a keg. Saves on the arm strain. Later Yall.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

"One martini is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough." -- James Thurber. I won't touch the Dorothy Parker one ;)

Cheers,
Erik the Red

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................