THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Happiness...Can You Buy It?

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Happiness...Can You Buy It?

A new scientific study released in June claims that money can affect one's happiness level.

The study based on the survey of 909 employed females, suggests that those whose income was less than $20,000 per year were less happy and spent more time being in a bad mood than those who made $100,000 in the same time frame.

One predominant psychotherapist who wished to only be identified by his first name, Sigmund, had this to say.

"Duh."

While interviewing people from both income levels it was discovered that the study was in fact a fair depiction of how people related to their position in life in as far as how much their income affected their daily life.

"Oh sure, I love to drive around in a piece of shit car with no air conditioning here in Los Angeles where temperatures can get up over a hundred degrees during the summer...nothing could make me happier a$$hole" said one woman who's income was estimated to be around $17,000 per annum. "Yeah having to choose between feeding my 12 kids or putting gas in the car always puts me in a bad mood but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do."

She said she's had to make many sacrifices along the way including forgoing medical aide for her family, having to spend countless hours rewriting the signs she holds up at freeway off ramps begging for spare change and constantly having to dumpster dive in hopes of finding something she can bring home for dinner but, added her mood had recently brightened since she landed a second job as a pharmaceutical saleswoman, which will help finance her tattoo habit.

Those interviewed who were in the upper financial spectrum, meaning those who's income was beyond the $100,000 mark, all agreed that having a shitload of money kept their bad mood at bay almost always.

However, one little rich girl flat out disagreed with the study. The source of most of her mood swings--her two Ferrari's, one red the other a brilliant yellow.

"I'm always in a bad mood because when I want to rip a little rubber with my car, you know, really get it on and get it up there to blow off steam after a long day of shopping, there's always some poor asshole driving some piece of shit car with no air conditioning in my way."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................