THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Name Change Halts Ridicule

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Name Change Halts Ridicule

After 19 years of ridicule a Vietnamese boy has finally been granted permission to change his name.

The boy, one of five siblings, has had to live with the name Mai Phat Sau Nghin Ruoi, which when translated means Fined Six Thousand And Five Hundred.

His father said he chose the name because that was the amount the government fined him for surpassing the 2-child per family limit, which was implemented to control the population.

The father, Yu Dum Asshole, named after his father and grandfather, said at the time it seemed appropriate because it symbolized how society had taken over the lives of the citizens restricting everything in their lives from consumption of goods to intimate sexual relationships.

The boy was allowed to pick what ever name he wanted with the blessing of his father and was all smiles after leaving the courthouse.

The boy, now called Fuk Yu Asshole, reportedly said that this was a name that would always remind him of his youth and his dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It is known in some societies on this planet, that some cultures allow the male parent to name a child from the first notable sight seen by the father. My friend, Two Dogs Doing It, tells me this is a common practice in many of the third world countries.

Later Yall... Meloncutter

2:45 PM  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Sounds like a name-change one of my prison students would use.

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................