THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Depression And Obesity

Friday, July 14, 2006

Depression And Obesity

Millions of people across the world are considered to be fat and jolly but researchers have recently debunked that theory.

The study, which involved more than 9,000 adults, suggests that being fat or obese causes a variety of mental disorders including mood swings, anxiety and depression, not to mention the expense of constantly having to buy larger and larger clothes thus causing financial problems to top everything off.

One look in the mirror is likely to send the over-eater off on a tangent according to one scientist.

"The great misunderstanding for most overweight people is that when they see those fatty bumps appear they figure that if they eat more the dimples will fill in but that, as we all know, is a fallacy," he said. "So they eat and eat and eat their way to obesity and this upsets them."

Other reasons overweight people are heading to therapy or their medicine chest is due to lame comments made by those who do not suffer from this weighty affliction. Comments such as 'you have such a pretty face', 'you remind me of one of those beautiful renaissance paintings'or 'you have such a great smile', are all meant to avoid the obvious become equally as damaging to a person whose self esteem is already being challenged.

Since the release of this study, many are asking the one question on everyone's mind.

Is Santa Clause really a jolly old soul? Not according to him.

In a rare interview Mr Claus stated that his weight issue is in fact the reason he only leaves the house once a year.

"I'd stay in that day too but the Mrs needs a little space once in a while," Claus said.

5 Comments:

Blogger yasser said...

i think they proved a while ago that any eating disorder can in fact be connected to psychological deviations for the person who has it as well

11:09 AM  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

This is to all the fatties out there, being skinny ain't all it's cracked up to be either. I lost around 30 lbs thru exercise, and now my wife's friends ask if my cancer's back. No glory there. But I do feel better.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am an obese person. Yes I admit it. I am large. I do not suffer depression, or deep rage or mood swings. So I really disagree with the study. CRAP... I JUST GODDAM WISH MY SPOUSE WOULD SHUT THE F)$&^@ UP SO I COULD GODDAM THINK HERE FOR A SHITTIN DAMN ASSED MINIT. she just nags and nags and nags so much I just wanna cry and end it all....
But really as for the depression and mood swings I just don's see it. I am happy just all the time even though I am large. Have yourself a wonderful day. (grin)

Later Yall.

11:51 PM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

I agree Yasser, a fat ass can usually put you in a bad mood, especially when you can't squeeze them into your recently purchased fat pants.

JR, Funny thing cancer does to your brain. I too have had a visit there and every time I loose weight randomly or on purpose the first person I call is my doctor. Glad your okay though now. Cancer sucks!

Meloncutter, it takes a big man to make a big statement statement like that. LOL.

Because we live here in blog land my image of you will always remain that of Rhett Butler no matter how fat or skinny you really are.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

As a large gay guy, the comment I used to get was "you'd be cute if you'd lose some weight".
Luckily, I found a man who appreciates me for ALL of me!

JB: lovin' your blog! Keep up the craziness!
~morgen

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................