THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Dog Slaughter Brings Fortune To Some

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Dog Slaughter Brings Fortune To Some

In America, man's best friend is most often treated like one of the family.

Specialty stores that offer the latest trend in 'doggie wear' are commanding great profits. Food companies are catering to the increasingly superior taste buds of our four legged friends and doggie day cares are sprouting up everywhere for those whose separation anxieties can no longer be tolerated by canine owners.

Often dogs are touted as hero's for saving the lives of their owners, for leading the blind and for becoming the right arm for owners who cannot use their own.

In Asian countries however, this is the farthest thing from the truth. Dogs are currently being slaughtered by the thousands in China to prevent attacks on humans who then might possibly become infected with rabies.

Because dog meat is often seen as a delicacy in countries such as China, owners are not required to vaccinate their animals.

Many dog owners worry that if they use preventitive medicines such as a rabies vaccination Fido or FiFi will lose their sweetness leaving them with a foul tasting, inedible, unsellable animal.

"It make dog sour...no good...no ni skin," said one resident who claimed she ate dog soup daily as part of her beauty regime.

Critics are outraged at this violent act, but for one young entrepreneur in China, it has become the silver lining in what many say is a very dark cloud.

Mi Gud Fortune, 27, recently opened a new restaurant franchise in hopes of turning a bad situation into a money making venture.

'Dim Sum Pooch', a buffet type venue, opened last week with a standing room only crowd. Fortune said it cost very little to open because of the surplus of pre-tenderized meat as a result of this hideous extermination.

"Government say quick...take dog...make bad newspaper people go away," said a smiling Fortune. "People love dog, make girl beautiful, make me rich man."

What does Fortune attribute his early success to?

"I give free doggie bag with every meal."

7 Comments:

Blogger Schmoop said...

Damn, Now I have a craving for Beagles and Lox

8:19 AM  
Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

LOL Matt-man.
I was thinking Chow-mein!

Great story, JB! Just like Mi Gud Fortune, you took this & made it your own!

9:25 AM  
Blogger RogueHistorian said...

Brings a whole meaning to the phrase "Going out to catch a bite to eat"!

Terrible pun, I apologize . . . I will now hang my head in shame (for a second anyway)

9:36 AM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

Didn't think I could do it did you Morgan. I'm up for another challenge. I added one thing I forgot to put in the original post about the meat being pre-tenderized.

check you out later

1:18 PM  
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

Do his customers wolf down their meals?

3:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just wait for McDogald's and Pizza Mutt to join the fray over there.

4:06 AM  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

JB, this news is for the birds. Sorry to dog you, but I'd rather see news about eating sparrow on a stick in Korea. --Jim

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................