THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Obesity Linked to 'Fast Food' Not 'Food Fast'

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Obesity Linked to 'Fast Food' Not 'Food Fast'

For those who enjoy a hamburger with a vat of fries on a regular basis--the news is not good.

Scientists have recently disproved that eating 'food fast' does not burn calories like many speed eaters believe.

"It is a farce to believe that shoving food into your mouth at a high speed burns calories," said one scientist who participated in the study. "While it's true that my arms muscles increased considerably after hoisting food into my mouth, my ass and gut grew exponentially."

Their main concern is portion size.

While most fast food restaurants have added healthier choices to their menu to draw in more customers, they've also been continuously increasing the size of their other meals in an underhanded way to dupe the public.

"Our concern is that these increased sizes are being served on either larger plates or in larger boxes allowing consumers to believe that the proportion is still in line with the suggested serving size most nutritionists recommend," the scientist said. "They are not taking into consideration that, although the portion size looks appropriate on the plate, many of these fast food eatery's are adding double or triple patties, more special high caloric sauce, and often a secondary piece of bread buried deep within the meat."

At this rate researchers believe that by 2009 regular fast food consumers will have added an extra 20 to 30 pounds of pure body fat.

"The future does not look pretty at this rate," he said. "Consumers must decide the difference between looking PHAT, a word used to describe something that is awesome, versus looking just plain old FAT."

4 Comments:

Blogger Parlancheq said...

Wait, so a BK stacker quad is not good for me? Even though all that heavy lifting is involved to get the thing up to my mouth?

7:21 PM  
Blogger mist1 said...

To compensate for the 20-30lbs that I will be putting on, I plan on moving into a bigger house and driving a bigger vehicle. That way, I will still look the same size in comparison.

10:14 PM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

LOL, Parlancheq. If you can maintain a waistline that is not larger than the circumference of your bicep, I say eat away.

Mist, I think your on to something.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

if I actually get OUT of my car and walk all the way into MickeyD's and stand in line (burning calories with my "bored now" expression and toe tappin' to that freakin' song stuck in my head) surely that's better than goin' thru the drive-thru and just tappin' my fingers on the steering wheel and listening to the freakin' song that will be stuck in my head for the next eight hours? right? right?
...just think of how many McCalories I burned off just writing this double-whoppered malarkey comment!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................