THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Bush Elicits Frustration In Katrina Aftermath

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Bush Elicits Frustration In Katrina Aftermath

President Bush visited the still devastated city of New Orleans this week to see first hand just how badly he let all the residents of this great city down.

Hurricane Katrina waged it's war in this booming tourist town one year ago today, killing more than one thousand and leaving nearly an entire city homeless, without assistance and without any hope for the future due to the slow response by government officials.

In an effort to bring good will, cheer and hope to those left still unemployed, homeless and devastated by the death of family members, Bush finally agree that there were some errors made, but as usual, laid the blame on those who work for him.

"Jeeze, this place is really a mess, but, come on--get over it, there are no profits to be made here by rebuilding so quickly!" the President said. "It is my hope that when I'm no longer in office the rebuilding will begin. As for now, I must put all my efforts into regaining my...err...our oil profits overseas."

For many residents who have grown extremely weary of being treated like stray animals at best--this did not sit well. Many who showed up to see the president hoping for a face to face with him were quickly turned away by security forces.

"This trip was not intended to become a public forum. We didn't come here to rebuild this ravaged city, we came here to undo the damage to the presidents reputation of being a complete asshole," said one top official.

Several locals who returned briefly to survey what once was their homes were upset by the lack of interest by government officials in helping them put their lives back together.

"I think they should name the next hurricane after George Bush," said one man who was visibly disturbed as he looked over a pile of debris that once was his home. "Bush says a lot of things, makes promises, but in the end he's just a big old wind bag."

11 Comments:

Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

Great juxtaposition of Monday's and Tuesday's stories -- one about people who would love someone to screw with, and the other about a guy who screwed with millions of people.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

a great story in a very sad situation.
I can't believe that ONE YEAR later, only TWENTY-SIX percent of New Orleans has electricity!!!! I mean, the Hezbollah guys swept into southern Lebanon within minutes of the cease-fire and started re-building. I've said it before, I'll say it again: I think Hezbollah would've had New Orleans re-built by now!
Not that I'm advocating terrorist organizations (Hezbollah or the Bush Administration) but c'mon -- you gotta admit, Hezbollah has the cajones that our leaders lack: re-building in the face of devastation & there-by gaining incredible support of the populace. You can't say that in New Orleans.

... stepping off my soapbox...

8:08 AM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:31 PM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

Nick, the albums are up on my sidebar. Run if you must to your local record store and pick one up for yourself and feel free to buy as many as you can to pass out among your friends. It takes a lot of money to support my blogging addiction.

Morgan, don't you go looking at my hubby, he's spoken for! LOL!!!

As for the lack of repairs in New Orleans the bulldozers did move in recently to save the American government millions of dollars in materials to repair the broken levee's. Apparently they used everyones house, destroyed by the storm, to create a barrier between the wall of water and the land. Most residents have come to know it as the Bush Barrier Reef and it is evolving the state, which at one point saw red but now that it's been suffocated for a year due to lack of any kind of assistance is now seeing blue.

Andrew, you're getting to be too cute here. I may have to hunt you down in order to eliminate the competition, LOL

12:40 PM  
Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

JB: that's really your hubby! way cool!
Hey, isn't today THE day that you were supposed to have your big National Inquirer Interview?
How did it go? Inquiring minds wanna know! ~mo

2:49 PM  
Blogger Michael C said...

Welll,
Since someone asked, I guess I can ask now, too. How was the inteview at the Enquirer. Was Elvis there? Or the Roswell Alien?
Seriously, I hope it went well. Dying to know...

4:31 PM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

Well, since all of you are wondering, yes today was the day.

The interview was amazing, everyone there was wonderful and friendly and I felt very at home back in a news room. I hope to be back there in the next couple of weeks to meet a few more people.

So it's quite possible that you will eventually have to be careful what you say to me because it can and willbe used against you in a paper. LOL

Thanks for reembering andkeepyour fingers crossed.

Peace Out
Jacqui

5:10 PM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

Ooooh! Me thinks my keyboard is getting stuck and I have run out of spelling ability. My bad!!!

5:12 PM  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

I wish a hurrican would uproot the Shrub. I can't stand to look at him.

On another note, sounds like you'll fit in quite well JBWRITER Girl with the National Enquirer.

10:02 PM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

Yes JR I hear you. Unfortunately some shrubs are too deeply rooted.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

A hurricane named after our divinely-inspired President would certainly be a wind of freedom. If only we could get it to blow across Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan and polish off our nearly accomplished mission!

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................