THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: A Day For Idle Thought

Monday, September 11, 2006

A Day For Idle Thought

I know that anyone reading my blog expects something twisted and funny here, but today I just couldn't bring myself to write anything that would diminish the significance of remembering everyone who's life was touched on this day five years ago.

I spent most of the morning recovering from the documentary that aired last night about the firemen who were on scene at the Twin Towers.

It was very powerful and drew on emotions I didn't think I even had!

So, instead of searching for the humor story as I usually do, I spent several hours looking through all my family photo albums. I've been married for 27 years so you can imagine how many of them there are. I wanted to reflect on how incredibly lucky I have been in my life and I wanted to take this day to count my blessings.

I wish all of you the best of health, happiness and mostly joy in knowing the simple things are the best things.

I will be back tomorrow as usual! Till then, adieu!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Well said. A good day to reflect on the presence of absence, the unbearable lightness of being, the power of powerlessness.

6:45 PM  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Wow! I guess we were on the same wavelength. I chose to do a book review instead. While you got out the family photo albums to reflect, I reread some short stories about phobias and separation.

8:16 PM  
Blogger COxford said...

Jacqui,

The best to you and your family also. We'll be back tomorrow.

C. Oxford

4:32 AM  
Blogger Mistress Regina said...

May your years continue to be blessed with happiness.

Tales Of Ladies, Goddesses And Bitches

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................