THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Car Meets Bus By Accident...

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Car Meets Bus By Accident...

This afternoon I heard the buzz of a hovering helicopter and raced to see what was happening. On the ground on Oxnard Blvd just East of Woodman Avenue it was chaotic. Dozens of policemen, firemen setting up a triage area on the new Metro Red Line busway in Valley Glen. A car had run a red light careening into the side of one of the new buses then careened into a concrete abutment. Because the Holga would require close proximity I chose not to shoot the car instead capturing a few images where I could get close enough to get a reasonable shot.


I caught one paramedic, Jose from LA Fire Station #102 preparing his ambulance to transport one of more than a dozen bus passengers to area hospitals. Several fire companies responded to the incident.


People were scurrying everywhere trying to get a look and I caught some of the firemen in action during the rescue here with some of the press that arrived shortly after I got there around 2:30 p.m. The Metro spokesman said this was the second accident today involving the bus and auto's running red lights. The other incident was near Corbin Ave. in Northridge.



Suddenly there was press camera's, microphones and reporters scattered about various locations. This one is when the LAPD/Sheriff's office was giving a press conference.


The shot of the firemen was taken after everything was said and done and everyone was cleaning up, packing up and getting ready to go back to the station. These guys were happy that there were only minor injuries reported.

The most fun I had on scene was running into a partner in crime. I watched as he wrote feverishly in his reporters pad, all the detail being given by a representative of the Metro Line. Ever the professional, he ignored me until his notes were complete moving from PIO to PIO.

Here he is in living color. TA DA. It's Josh Kleinbaum!!!


Big Shot from the Daily News now but still as friendly and cute as ever. I love to see people doing what it is they love to do. Bravo Josh!

It seems once a reporter always a reporter. (Or am I just nosy?)

You have your work cut out today to beat me Tammy!

1 Comments:

Blogger ISOSOS said...

YOU WIN TODAY GIRL.... YOUR D' BOMB!!! Somehow I knew that you would be out their doing something after you called to tell me about the collision! And how cool was that that Josh was there! I'm going to have to start watching my ass... you're creeping up right behind me.
Love Ya!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................