THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: On The Mend...

Sunday, October 30, 2005

On The Mend...

Today was not, well, such a great day!

I sat at my desk working on stories that must meet their deadlines and I thought to myself, I'd rather just get my housecoat back on and lie in bed all day.

But deadlines mean money so I persevered!

This is my desk covered in lots of crap. Kleenex because I have a cold and other things that prevent me from leaving my house today. Notes, tape recorders, sticky notes and stacks of interview notes. They are scattered, much like my brain today.

There are times when stories must sit and wait and by this afternoon I'd had it. I was hoping that I'd feel better but instead I felt worse so I really never left the house.

The only thing that kept me on my feet was Dumb and Dumber. That would be my son and one of his buddies. His name is Brandon but we call him 'B'.

Their faces are true depictions of what they did to drive me to motherhood madness today. Never quiet, never still these two bandits could drive a locamotive to jump the rails.

They stopped playing video games long enough for me to snap this photo and I was grateful for the opportunity to shoot something that didn't require me to leave the house.

So I suppose I should be thankful!

I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow and will hit the trails again in seach of a new Holga moment.

Till then, watch out for the early goblins and ghosts!

2 Comments:

Blogger ISOSOS said...

Hey JB! I just love your wild and crazy boys. And I am so sorry that you're sick. That BLOWS! So to speak. Well the good news is that you won today! The bad news is that I lost, I'm tired, I worked very hard today of and on... had to go cover a toxic fire..yah I know, that's all I need. I kept my distance and the fire was out by the time I got there. Those darn Glendale Fireman are so efficient! So cute too.
Ok.. I'm going to bed now and dream toxic dreams.
I hope you are better tomorrow.
Love Ya!

9:29 PM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

WEE,
Next time add a profile so I know which of my sibs you are.
Love ya right back,
JB

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................