THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: It's Not Always Just Black And White!

Sunday, October 23, 2005

It's Not Always Just Black And White!

Next time I choose to experiment with film I hope to know what to do with the lighting.
After blowing eight out of ten polaroids today, boy was the exposure off, I finally managed to capture an image or two.

I realized that the flash made the polaroid completely white--like I'd never taken a picture in the first place, so I stopped using it all together.
But then, like an idiot (wait a minute I'm not the professional in this Holga experimental competition) instead of helping the cause without it, I started to shoot into the natural light rather than away from it.
Duh!!!!!!!!
Tammy, with whom I am competing with for the best shot of the day, has the unfair advantage of using pro equipment every day and knows exactly how to light the subject no matter what--even with the Holga. I think the fact that I finally made these two captures says something about my inate ability to persevere no matter how much it costs me in film and time.
This picture of the day lilies at the end of my driveway, although pleasing to my eye, has a quality that reminds me of a black and white negative. Interesting!


Tomorrow is another day and another shot. Tammy, I know you're out there with that little chunk of plastic camera trying to outshoot me but watch out, tomorrow I go back to color.

From Hell in Holga I bid you farewell for today!

1 Comments:

Blogger ISOSOS said...

You are so funny girl... you got some good ones today, but I'm still waiting for you to kick some "prime backside," namely mine. I am so happy that you are sticking with it. I know that you may be the one with the "last laugh." See you in about an hour.
Love ya!

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................