THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: It's Beginning To Look At Lot Like Christmas...

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It's Beginning To Look At Lot Like Christmas...

href="http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4316/1737/1600/File00052.jpg">
Driving around today I wasn't sure what I was looking for but knew eventually I'd come across something interesting.
I missed the garbage truck that was on fire in Studio City this morning and thought perhaps nothing else would come along that was Holga worthy--that is until I came across that jolly old man, Santa, right smack dab in the middle of Woodley Park in Encino.
What drew me to that area--your guess is as good as mine!
At first I was only lured by the camera crew and all their gear strewn about the park but once I started talking to a few of the crew members in the parking lot who were there to shoot an episode of the new hit series 'My Name Is Earl' I knew that I'd found my subject for the day.
href="http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4316/1737/1600/File0006.jpg">

Unfortunately the sun was blocked because they didn't want to have any shine on the old boy but they invited me to step forward and do whatever it took to get the shot and that's what I did--not fantastic but on film regarless of my lack of talent with this beastly camera so far!
href="http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4316/1737/1600/File0004.jpg">

The most amazing thing is that two or three people came up to admire my Holga and told me that they too used this blessed little plastic camera that refuses to give me fabulous shots to catch the more artsy side of the world-and they completely understood my pain.
When I walked away from the grassy set, I felt relieved that I'd found something unusal to shoot but also felt a sense of panic that Christmas was soon approaching.
Santa...if you're listening..I could really use a brighter flash!

1 Comments:

Blogger ISOSOS said...

OK... DUDE! You've crossed the line with SANTEEE Claus! I'm off to Beverly Hills for more wonderful shots this morning, and then to work... you better look out! Yesterday I was trashed, but you know, I am like the energizer bunny... But you know that better than anyone else.
Love Ya...

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................