THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Change my life, you betcha!

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Change my life, you betcha!


I was feeling out of sorts this morning but now that I've gotten my hands on a Holga Camera, things are looking different.
It's not that the photo's are incredible or anything, it's the fact that it's cheap, fun and you get some fairly interesting if not downright crazy images.
After a gourmet breakfast with my photog friend pictured here, the one who turned me on to this little treasure, we headed to the camera store and picked up the built in flash model and some film and headed back to my place.
Sitting in the hot sun, polaroid after polaroid, I tried to figure out how to use the darn thing and discovered it's fairly easy even though, when the polaroid back is on, you cannot look through the eyepiece. It's kind of like a crap shoot but that's what makes each shot interesting.
I don't want to be a photographer, even though I've taken plenty of photo's, I just needed a little kick in the pants, something unexpected and this seems to be it.
The following will be the trails of my jouney with Holga in hand.o

1 Comments:

Blogger ISOSOS said...

Nothin like a "hot chick," with a Holga, I say! You've just taken your first step into the complusive world of polaroid... warning, it can be additctive and there is no cure.
I'm looking forward to reading about your journey, and maybe from time to time a little friendly competition? Your the BEST JB! Love ya! Tammy

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................