THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Lightning Strikes Close To Home

Monday, October 17, 2005

Lightning Strikes Close To Home

Driving down Burbank Boulevard this morning just as a new thunderstorm broke loose, I saw a great flash in the sky about a quarter of a mile ahead. When I got closer I noticed that three palm trees were engulfed in flames after being struck by the lightning bolt I had just seen.

Since I have yet to figure out how to rearrange the photo uploads the pictures are out of order but you'll get the gist. The trees are in the middle and because I had just used up all my color film you are not able to see the flames shooting towards the sky.

The bottom photo shows (just barely) two firemen standing on the roof next to the burning trees and are preparing to hose them down. I wasn't quite sure why the fireman standing next to me said that I should probably move but I quickly found out. In the photo directly below you can see the powerful stream of water cascading through the air towards the flames. Guess where I am taking this photo from? You guessed it--directly in the line of fire so to speak. I don't know which I got the worst soaking from, the fire hose or the rain.

Was I glad I stopped to watch them in action? You betcha!


1 Comments:

Blogger ISOSOS said...

WOW!! Now that's a weather shot... why you? Why not me? Good going JB! Spot news girl, having some idea of what you witnessed, I'd say that you kicked ass today... I kinda just wondered around and hoped for lightening to strike.... wait, did I say that?
Get some rest girl, cause tomorrow we duel again.. En Guarde! (Ok.. so I stink at French)
Love ya

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................