THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: A Boy And His Ball...

Thursday, October 27, 2005

A Boy And His Ball...


Although my son is just 11 years old his hands have become powerful tools.

Shooting a basketball over and over until he's exhausted or he looses the ball in the neighbors yard is an easy task for these boy hands burgeoning on man hands.

They are busy all the time. They've grown rough in areas and yet remain smooth in others, all from the daily use they incur. As I said they are very busy hands.

What I love most about this photo, another Holga moment, is that those little fingers still ring with innocence and retain a childlike quality to them. They've been through a lot, seen several casts, fingers sewn back on and worn too numerous bandaids to count, but when they find themselves clasped in mine I am reminded of youth--one that quickly passes.

They are nearly the same size as my almost fifty-year-old ones.

When you look at things as simple as this you realize just how quickly time passes, just how fast children grow and how fast we move towards those golden years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................