THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Just A Moment To Spare...

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Just A Moment To Spare...


I don't know if this is a 'spare' fire hydrant or a hydrant 'spare' but it caught my attention as I was driving down Magnolia Blvd this afternoon.

I think the green blur is my ghost that seems to follow me as it appears in many photos taken with the Holga. Either that or I have some weird flash problem. Strangely enough the first time I noticed it was when I was trying to shoot some archways at Forest Lawn Cemetary in Glendale.

Some days you think you're onto a great shot and you end up with this. They hydrant is in full sunlight and though I always use the flash it appears that I took it at dusk. Go Figure!

Oh well! At least I tried and had the sense to put the camera back in the car before blowing a whole pack of polaroid. That shite gets expensive after a while.

Guess I'll have to step up into a pricier hotter flash to help weed out the problem with the ghost. (Although I think it's kind of interesting when it shows up)

Sure you got me beat tonight kiddo! Here's shootin' at ya'!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger ISOSOS said...

Hey JB.. What a find... I'm sorry I didn't use my Holga today, I had no time. I was with the Glendale Harley guys.. man that was a trip, and I loved every minute of it.
It's funny, we were both taking pictures of travel related items! What are the odds (you'll have to ask Paul) anyway, you would have had a blast girl. I've got to get some sleep now, it was a long ride down to Camp Pendleton and back again.. wow. I wish I had better shots though, today wasn't my best shooting day, there were a lot of stratigic things that were very clumsy. No ones fault, just the way it is. Anyway, I like your spare.. I think they go good together, like a hambuger and fries.
Love Ya!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................