THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: In Memory Of Those Who Served...

Friday, November 11, 2005

In Memory Of Those Who Served...



Today, thousands of people watched as War Veterans fell from the sky. Skydivers parachuted over Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills to honor those who have served during wars past and honor those currently serving around the world.

Stan Chambers, KTLA news reporter was the master of ceremonies. He is also a WWII Vet. He spoke with calm and clarity and lent his good humor to otherwise serious material yet there were plenty of tears shed. Many who attended wore their uniforms, some a bit tight after all the years stored away. Others newish and neatly pressed having just returned from a stint in Iraq. But each and everyone, whether gray at the temple or still freshly buzzed, all had a story to tell, a moment to share, a friend to remember.

Many items were on display like this massive machine gun. Trucks, bomb launchers, backpacks and rescue boats each told a story of the seriousness of war. And even though some in attendance had no story to tell, they just wanted to be part of the celebration of these brave warriors, it was clear to see the respect in their expressions and their tear dampened cheeks.



Many people wandered about snapping photos, taking video tapes in order to remember the day and I just happen to run into one particular photographer who was taking it all very seriously; To record it all on film for everyone to see.

Who says the Holga can't shoot a shooter?

1 Comments:

Blogger ISOSOS said...

Great work! At least one of us did something useful today. I am sorry, this week has been a disaster, I just hoping to get through it. It's funny, you're out the shooting, and now I'm behind a computer killing myself over some data that will be used for tomorrows fishwrap. I just hope it gets into the fishwrap... things are not right. Looking for photos that I put into the system... oh my goodness. I'll get back on the horse tomorrow.. I need to go to bed now, and sleep, and pray that this week has ended and the next one will be normal again, whatever that is, just as long as it's not the "everything I touch turns to crap week."
Again, great work, and I will get you back... don't be too upset with me ok.
Love Ya!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................