THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: In The Blink Of An Eye...

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

In The Blink Of An Eye...

It seems like only yesterday I felt that first contraction as my son's presence became imminent.

When I walked into his room this morning I was taken by these shoes on the floor. He must have been poking around in the box in his closet and found the one pair of baby shoes I'd saved.

Seems he was amused by their size because they were set next to a pair he now wears, a men's size 10.

It brought back a flood of memories for me because back then everything was fresh and new.

But time flies, life goes on and things happen along the way.

It's been filled with wonder, awe, sadness and pain but the trip is what we sign up for when the seed is planted.

Many moments, both Kodak and regretful, have come and gone in his 11 years. Still, here we are today going strong.

It's was really rather nice to visit those little feet again.

3 Comments:

Blogger ISOSOS said...

OHHHHHHHH! That's so cute, and yes I remember those days with Rachel as well. They grow so fast, it seems that we had no idea how perfect they were at that age.
Well, I'm still at the office, and I'm afraid I'm going to go home and fall into bed.. so this will be a dark night for me. I'm sorry Girl. I'll make up for it.
Hope you got some good stories tonight!
Love Ya!

11:29 PM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

Look at the time you posted this girl. I'm going to have to kick your ass.
jb

6:37 AM  
Blogger ISOSOS said...

Hey Girl.. I'm in class right now and you won't believe it but the teacher left because "she had to get some candy.." What the FFFFF....######kkkkk! I need to sleep, the class just started and so this is all just a waste of my time... man we all should have a job like this. UNIVERSITY...??? A class in how to be a princess.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................