THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Ode To Christmas Eve

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Ode To Christmas Eve

'Twas the morning fore Christmas, and it' quiet as hell
The children are still sleeping as if in a spell

The tree is a glitter where the dog has just peed
I guess he still wonders why the living room has a tree

The boy who used to dream of toys he could test
Has turned his Christmas list to technology at its best

And the girl who loved Barbie and skirts that would spin
Now wants an Escalade, good Lord...Ain't that a sin

These items are pricey no doubt this is true
If I had my way the shopping would be through

But I'll be off once again to the mall like the rest
Because there's more to be bought, oh be still my heart...it's shopping I detest

Will they like this or like that, I'm never quite sure
A pair of slippers or shoes, a sweater trimmed with some fur

The list seems so endless, my mind is agog
Maybe I'll switch from coffee this morning to tequila spiked nog

They say there's a Christmas spirit that hovers around tightly
I think I should know this since I imbibe in it nightly

Oh where is my wallet, where are my keys
The lure of the sales fills my heart with unease

Will I spent way too much as I do every year
Will I beg for forgiveness when the bills come...I fear

I'm bowing to the pressure of not having enough
To appease all the needs of the kids who want stuff

I guess I should go join the others in line
To see where the bargains are during this Christmas time

For those, who like me, have been given this chore
I wish you happy shopping, Merry Christmas, and more!



MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIENDS,
JACQUI

8 Comments:

Blogger Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Merry Christmas!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

That was great! Merry Christmas to you, too :)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

Oh honey, I feel your wallet's pain.

Merry Christmas!

MJ

10:13 AM  
Blogger thethinker said...

Merry Christmas to you as well!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

JB,

Merry Christmas, my friend! And the same to everyone else here.

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful poem! Very clever. I thought of doing a take off on The Night Before Christmas but chickened out...too daunting. But not too daunting for jbwritergirl! Merry Christmas to you, too.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Nothing said...

Merry Christmas! May this day bring you lots of joy and happiness!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Penrick said...

Ah, for the day Christmas and a wallet don't go hand in hand.

This was great!!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................