THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Guns For The Blind

Friday, December 15, 2006

Guns For The Blind

What do blind folks and politicians have in common? A case of the blind leading the blind is what many officials are saying.

Lawmakers in Texas are hoping to pass a bill allowing non-sighted people to go off into the woods with guns to hunt like sighted people.

One big supporter of the proposed legislation is Vice President Dick Chaney who says this will allow him to have a distinct advantage on the playing field.

While many folks are split on this bill, half of which who can see the point and the other half who can't, officials in Texas say that it is already becoming a boon for their employment industry.

"We've hired nearly 1,400 new employees whose specific skills include speech and cognitive therapy," said a spokesman of the Better Business bureau. "They've been deployed out in the field and are currently coaching all the various animals to give these blind hunters subtle clues to their location including calling out 'Over Here' and 'Marco'."

1 Comments:

Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

The sad part is, legislation allowing blind hunters was passed (with little national fanfare) here in Michigan last year.
I guess that blind hunters in Texas are national news, esp with Dickie on the loose.

Jacqui: Hi. Sorry I haven't been around recently. I appreciate your visits and your comments. Hope you're hanging in there!
Your friend,
Morgen

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................