THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Gas Leak Forces Airline Down

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Gas Leak Forces Airline Down

Passengers on an American Airlines flight to Texas were questioned and released shortly after their plane, bound for Texas, made an emergency landing in Nashville this morning.

The pilot re-routed the aircraft after reports of a strong sulfur odor filled the cabin.

One woman was detained for questioning after an airport security dog began to sniff around her butt. The dog's handler said these dogs are specifically trained to pick up the scent of any type of gas leak, after which they alert their owners.

"My dog is trained to check luggage for any suspicious odors and I guess this must have been one of those silent deadly types because he's not always this sensitive to this type of gas," he said. "But, a gas leak is a gas leak no matter where it derives from."

Airline maintenance crews confirmed that the woman had lit the matched while the plane was in flight after they found several used matches in the seatback pocket where she had been sitting.

"I farted for Christ's sake so I lit a match," she said. "If you'd seen the look on the guys face next to me, you would have done the same bloody thing."

The woman was not charged but was assigned a different flight to Texas.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. A said...

That's why all my Ex's live in Texas.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And now you know why I always drive and never fly.

Later Y'all

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JB
I have been tagged with this 5 Christmas songs thing, and have responded as irreverently as I can. I know you can be pretty sharp with a word, so I'm tagging you so I can see your response.

Bob

http://bobs-odder-blog.blogspot.com

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................