THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Today Was...

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Today Was...

just another day, although while running an out of town guest into the heart of Hollywood in seach of souvenirs for her children back in Cleveland, I did get an up close preview of the red carpet area in front of the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood as they began setting up for Sunday nights Academy Awards show.

Streets blocked off in Hollywood is always bad news but somehow, with the imminent excitement lingering in the air, no one seemed to mind too much even though the detours were somewhat annoying and parking was at a premium. Of course, that was my perspective at 1 p.m. this afternoon. I'm sure those poor commuters stuck in the later hours, our world famous 'four hour' rush hour, would most likely want to rip me a new asshole for saying that such a blockage was 'okay'at any time of day in this lovely congested city.

But, it seems no matter how much aggravation it causes to many, the Hollywood elite such as they are, are entitled to this upcoming extravaganza. Hollywoods finest moment so to speak.

As the workers ran around erecting lights, hoisting posters and putting up barriers to keep out the unwanted gate crashers, you could almost imagine the long line of limos waiting patiently to disperse their cargo near the carpet and the papparatzi.

You've got to wonder what the stars are talking about during their slow ascent towards the front of the line. Personaly. I think they're either cursing out their driver for taking so long or adjusting their breasts so they don't pop out of whatever designer concoction they're wearing. And of course in light of this years mega hit 'Brokeback Mountain', that comment stands for the men as well.

If you closed your eyes you could almost hear the roar of the crowd for a favorite star or a dress to die for. There was definitely something magical in the air as the tent went up (in case of rain) and the bleacher seating began to grow.

Although the corner of Hollywood and Highland has fallen to the same depths of decay as the rest of the area, this one night of glitter and glamour, this illusion masterminded by set designers to keep the vision of the glory days of Hollywood alive, may very well be worth the multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars spent to host this yearly event.

Will I be anywhere near that corner on Sunday night? Not a chance in hell. As a matter of fact I'm headed in the opposite direction to take part in an illegal $5 pool among friends as to who will take home an Oscar this year. For me this is always an adventure, a guessing game, because I never see most of the films before hand. As to what I plan to do with all my winnings (LOL) I'll have to really look hard to see what I can come up with that costs under $40!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................