THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: High Winds Cause Havoc...

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

High Winds Cause Havoc...

Yesterdays high winds had authorities scrambling all over the Southland. Those same winds are expected to continue today but will taper off over the next few days.

Power outages, overturned big rigs and downed trees caused havoc and fear for many residents, especially those who live in high alert fire areas.

In Sherman Oaks fire crews from Station 88 were called out to this abandoned complex on Tyrone Ave around 2:15 p.m. for what appeared to be a small blaze.

Of course, being the news whore that I am, I had to stop and take a photo of these firemen on the ladder as they finished knocking holes in the roof and hosing down the hot spot.

It makes me wonder, since this building is in the process of demolition anyway, how the fire got started in the first place, and, if they had just let it burn could they have saved the new owners of the complex a few bucks in tear down costs.

1 Comments:

Blogger ISOSOS said...

WElLL... here I go with my catch-up. You can take the girl out of the news room, but you can't take the news room out of the girl... you rock as always and I love YA !

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................