THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: "DICKWEED"...A Whole New Meaning...

Saturday, December 17, 2005

"DICKWEED"...A Whole New Meaning...

When I was growing up the term DickWeed was something we used to establish the stupidity of a person or comment we'd heard or seen. It was just a word back then but today the reality of the word strikes very close to home.


After we added on to our house and relandscaped the entire yard I started noticing these very odd growths shooting up in various locations.

I like to call it "DickWeed" for obvious reasons.

I saw the little head emerging from the ground about two weeks ago and waited patiently for it to bloom into it's full glory.

Now, my gardner has a habit of 'whacking' (no pun intended...oh...well of course there was) these off at ground level but I watched him closely this past week so that if he came any where near it I could tell him to leave it alone.

Now he recently fertilized the yard and it makes me wonder what color the fertilizer was, if there was any of the 'blue stuff' in it?

I just knew I had to get a shot of it because it's just so odd and as we all know...seeing is believing.

I had taken one to the garden center last year to ask what it was and after everyone stopped giggling admitted they'd never seen one before but that it must be some kind of mushroom. They were amazed by what it resembled and as surprised as I was by the stench of it's green slimy head, for lack of a better word.

It's gone now, wilted away, but now it's here for posterities sake. I know there will be more like it in the future so maybe next time I'll have some color film so you can get the true esscence of it's image.

1 Comments:

Blogger ISOSOS said...

You big DICKWEED! Just kidding, but really.. you always make me smile, even when my head hurts. I do have mystery date tonight. So I have to get the house in order. First, a nap.. I'll let you know the details when I talk to you.
Dickweed indeed!
Love ya,

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................