THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: It's A Cold, Cold World...The Sequel...

Sunday, December 11, 2005

It's A Cold, Cold World...The Sequel...

Well, I have to say I dreaded getting up this morning to see what I was going to have to face in light of the 'BUG' that has entered my nearly sterile household this weekend.

Up to bat first was Alex whose temperature remains a steady 100 degree's as it continues to fight off the bad shit roaming in his nose and lungs. A few hits of the inhaler did not do the trick this time so I had to pull out the big guns and give him a real breathing treatment.

I have to admit he's a much better sport about it since we started calling the process 'Darth Vadar'. He now just patiently waits as the steamy medicine penetrates and opens his lungs so that he can get what he now refers to a 'the good cough that's wet'...bless his soul. It was the perfect Holga moment when I walked in and found him asleep shortly after. (Of course he looked so peaceful I did first check to make sure he was still breathing before I ran for the camera)

Sarah woke up sometime around one o'clock this afternoon feeling achy and congested and of course when I checked, was also running a fever of about 101 degrees. I knew at that point I would be trapped like a rat in my own house, that is except to run to Subway for a sandwich for her and the grocery store to get popcycles again for Alex.

I lucked out with another Holga moment however when I went in to her room to check on her and found her sleeping sitting up in bed. I guess it was meant to be that the Holga was not allowed out of the house either today. Just as well.

Paul was the smart one and left during one of my forays to go play poker all day. I wish I could have run out like that. But, No, I listened to the sound of 'Moooooooom' echoing from various rooms in the house and did my job to help nuture these little bastards...opps...I mean sweethearts back to their normal health selves.

I hope tomorrow finds both of them feeling back to normal so I can get back to normal. Until then I will pour myself a wee shot of tequilla to fortify my stamina so I can keep running from room to room without pulling my hair out one strand at a time!

1 Comments:

Blogger ISOSOS said...

I'm sorry girl... I didn't call, or anything... well I've got a sort of good excuse, slammed with work of course. Working hours that my now gone "fearless leader," would have kicked my ass for big time. Twenty-Eight to be exact, a record even for me in two days. No one though about on photog in the assign. schedule, but we'll get that under control.. I hope. Now it's time for me to study for tonight's disaster.
I hope everyone is feeling better, and that somehow you didn't catch that nasty bug. The kids look like little angels ... could it be?
Love Ya!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................