THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Some Things Just Take Time...

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Some Things Just Take Time...

Ahhhh...to be a teenager again!

Sarah safetly arrived to the ripe old age of nineteen. The day was filled with angst, trepidation and then joy.

She passed her drivers license renewal so she's good for another five years. I was worried that if she didn't pass it would ruin her birthday but she flew through it with flying colors so it was a 'weehaw' moment.


As she blew out the candle there was that moment of perfectness, my mind racing back to lying on the hospital bed trying to shove her out into the world. It took days but she eventually spewed forth into the world squeeling and wiggling.

We spoke about her birth a little and she said she didn't want to come out, that it was a safe and warm place there inside my belly. Perhaps she was right because life for her has not always been safe and warm.

But like everything else...it all worked out.

She treaded water and nearly drowned but eventually she learned to swim...

She walked over hot coals and sometimes got burned but eventually she learned to run...

She found a dark place and got lost there for awhile but eventually found the sunshine...

I am grateful the long hard journey has led her home nearly unscathed and wiser in so many ways.

She is the love of my life, my pride and joy...and now my dearest friend...

For her birthday I wish her love, success, joy and a full heart!

3 Comments:

Blogger jbwritergirl said...

This should have posted last night but I fell asleep. Like the title says...some things just take time!

8:13 AM  
Blogger ISOSOS said...

Hey Girl! You are way too funny. I was just thinking the same thing, but I don't have anything nearly as eventful as you to report.
I am so happy the Bday went well, that she passed her test.. I was worried about the "what if's too," just goes to show us both, we worrie too much.
What was that damn song Kay Sarah, Sarah... hahaha.
Anyway, I went to see the Cash movie last night with David, great movie. Oh how I wish someone loved me like that. Oh well, maybe in my next lifetime.
Anyway, I'm trying to catch up on some rest, or something, anything to get my head clear and my thoughts straight. When I get tired, I can't think my way out of a paper bag, much less be inspired. I guess I really do need some time off.
I'm happy all went well last night..
Love Ya!

9:40 AM  
Blogger webangel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR BEAUTIFUL SARAH
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAY TO YOU.

YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG WOMAN AND I WISH FOR YOU LOVE AND PEACE AND LOTS OF JOY IN YOUR LIFE. MISS YOU GUYS TONNES. EVERYTIME YOU POST A PICTURE I SIT HERE AND GET TEARS IN MY EYES. LIKE RIGHT NOW, I WISH YOU ALL LIVED CLOSER SO WE COULD HUG ONCE AND A WHILE.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................