THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Santa Arrives In California Ahead Of Schedule

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Santa Arrives In California Ahead Of Schedule

Retailers across the nation are bracing for the upcoming holiday shopping season earlier than expected this year.

Although consumers are still busy trying to find end of season deals on Halloween costumes and candy, and have begun their pilgrimage to find the perfect turkey for Thanksgiving, many large retail chains have already been decorated for Christmas and are using the upcoming festivities to piggyback their 'early-bird' specials.

In California, one newly remodeled shopping mall invited Santa Claus early this year hoping to draw customers to the slew of new retailers that have moved in under their roof. The jolly old boy and his entire entourage arrived late last night to the delight of the thousands of consumers who came to watch this yearly tradition.

"We've spent millions of dollars to spiff up our mall and we need to start recouping sooner than most," said mall manager I. B. Greedy. ""With Santa already sitting on his thrown we know that children will start pestering their parents immediately to bring them here so they can hand off their list of pricey items."

One new techno chain, Remote, who's retail space is on the second floor, is gearing up to be one of the busiest this season. They will sell only one item but expect it to be rolling off the shelves way sooner than Christmas.

"I think we have the one gift that is not only unique in every sense of the word it's something every man and many women on your list will appreciate," said the stores manager. "I think we'll see consumers reaching deeper into their pockets for this item and we expect that nearly everyone who purchases them as gifts will also pick one up for themselves."

The remote will retail for $1,400, but store employees said they will offer a 'two-fer special' at $2,100 during the week prior to Christmas where last minute shoppers tend to over spend anyway.

6 Comments:

Blogger COxford said...

If Santa arrived anywhere early, I would expect it to be in California.

C. Oxford

3:51 PM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

I find it hard to believe that 'it' is already approaching at the speed of light. Guess I'm behind this year.

8:13 PM  
Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

The remote is very unique! Does it work? =P

6:35 PM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

Don't we all wish it were real. Although I'd have to add a few buttons of my own and I'd also enlarge the MUTE button!!!!

JB

7:10 PM  
Blogger Penrick said...

I'll take a remote, a case of batteries and all the decorations will keep me purchasing online.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi people happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!
item
promotional

forex training
charlotte
north carolina real estate

victorias secret credit card

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................