THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Till Death Do Us Part...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Till Death Do Us Part...

(click on the article below so you can read the text)
(warning-get your tissue out)

Okay, you're probably thinking that I'm a little odd for posting an obituary but it's been haunting me (in a good way) since I first came across it in January in the LA Times.

First of all, I don't normally read the obit's in the paper but on this particular day there was a jump page that made me go there and their photo (it speaks for itself) immediately caught my eye and I couldn't help but read what was said about them. Yes, it was one of those massive tissue moments that I found myself caught up in.

I've had it sitting in my office ever since and I almost feel like I know these folks now and share the pain of their families loss.

What a wonderful way to leave a momento of your life for those left behind. Not only did the writer of this capture the pure essence of this couples long life together, they made you want to be part of their life long love affair.

He waited for her to go because he knew she couldn't live without him! Oh My God!!!! He indeed was a gentleman right till the end, and like the good man he had always been, he let her have her way by leaving first only to follow very shortly after. (so who couldn't live without who?)

I have to say, after being married for 27 years, I wonder what our kids will say about us when we bite the bullet?

Will they remember how hard we worked to make sure they made it to adulthood safe and sound or will they recall the moments of darkness as we muddled through problems that arose leaving us breathless at times?

Will they praise us for our openness or belittle us for not disciplining them harder?

Will they understand the amount of time and effort it takes to keep a relationship flowing and a household out of chaos?

I can only hope that they will say we were good loving parents who gave a damn about them and their future. Who pushed when it was needed and reined them in when they were out of control. Who loved them unconditionally through the toughest of times and laughed out of control when times were easy.

Will they know that they were loved enough and that we were always proud of them? That even though they pushed the limits and tested us almost daily, that we were strong enough to endure and keep on loving them even harder?

I hope they do know this, now before we're gone, so that our obit will read like the one posted here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................