THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: WTF Is With This Writers Block?

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

WTF Is With This Writers Block?

Well, here it is Wednesday and not a post as it should be. I guess for the first time in many years I've gotten a case of writers block. YIKES!!!

It doesn't happen often but when it does it brings to mind that we are all just humans, flawed, warted and sometimes so tied up in life that we leave little or no room for our creative sides.

I've saved a spot for everyday I haven't posted with some pretty good story ideas, but each time I started to write something my mind wandered about so I just walked away from the computer and did something else. Ah...the mind of the ADD adult. I had thought writing about what the Pope said, that killing someone, putting them down mercifully to end an otherwise hopeless painfilled life was wrong and I had to ask myself if each time I put someone down, was it another step towards hell? Mmmmm? And then I read something about children having their stomachs sewn shut to help them lose weight and I had to wonder whether or not the parents of these obese kids should have just installed a lock on the kitchen door instead of putting these tykes through such major surgery.

And then I read the story about the super horny female butterflies and I had to ask myself whether or not I could emulate them during these menopausal years just to disprove the fact that missing hormones are not to blame for what many females experience as a dissipating desire to satisfy themselves and their mates. Are they truly not horny or are they just to tired for sex having picked up after everyone all day, every day?

All thoughts to ponder yes, but inspirational...I guess not, at least for me.

I've visited many blogs during this time and it is my understanding that many people who have been blogging for a long time are now hitting the wall so to speak. Some have even considered quitting, but, we all know that no matter what, these blogs are our lifeline to the outside world. We rant, we rave, we make up a lot of shit and some of you, you know who you are, actually offer some great services or advice.

Every day that I have gone to my blog in the past few weeks I've been getting the itch to hit the button I've been avoiding forever...the 'switch to new blogger' button that keeps informing me that they are ready and patiently waiting for me to just press the frigging button. I've had the urge but I just can't quite push it. What am I afraid of? Damned if I know, but I keep getting this odd feeling that when I do eventually take the leap of faith, my entire blog will go out into cyberspace and be gone. I know this is foolish because I see many of you have switched and your blogs look similar but changed. Perhaps I need your input to reassure me that all will not be lost and that I'm just being a big fat baby about this. My blog is certainly not brain surgery but still, I would hate to lose everything I've put into it.

Well, that said, I guess I'll go do some laundry or play with the pup some more or paint my son's room or build that fence out back or...

6 Comments:

Blogger Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I hate the new bloger. I switch in terms of how I sidn in but the rest was not of my liking. But that was I like my blog as it is. I like yours too. Glad U R writing again. They can't all be gems...
B.

4:41 PM  
Blogger COxford said...

JB
I have never been to good at writing but I have not been to inspired since Nov. as you can tell from my blog.

Maybe both of us will get inspired before long.

Just think about driving from Houston to Florida wearing a diaper.

Wonder what it would take to make a woman do shit like that.


The Best to You
CO

4:51 PM  
Blogger Mr. Toast said...

I held off for as long as I could but a few weeks ago Blogger would not let me log in without switching, so I was forced to do it. I had many of the same reservations as you do, so I held my breath during the conversion ... but as far as I can tell, everything went OK. All of my posts, comments, and even my extensively modified template survived intact. I don't notice any change externally other than a few cosmetic differences in the interface, so maybe we're worried for no reason.

You might as well go ahead and take the plunge, as you'll have to do it sooner or later anyway. My only suggestion is to make a backup of your template and save your monthly archives in your browser just to be safe.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

Switching to the new blogger can be tricky. Some things are easier but most of the time if just doesn't work right. Don't push that button just yet!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Popped in to say hi, friend. 8-)

I will have a post up later this evening on the next blog carnival. A world view from LA would make it so much better.

Hope you're in the midst of a great week!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you want to look ed hardy clothes and feel sexy, a Christian audigier maternity cocktail ed hardy shoes dress may be the ed hardy outlet fashion choice. There ed hardy Bikini are a variety ed hardy hats of cocktail dresses ed hardy swimsuits available, from a sexy ed hardy clothing black to an eye catching red. You can ed hardy glasses either choose a dramatic wrap-dress ed hardy or a sophisticated jersey dress. There ed hardy iphone cases are a variety of styles, patterns, and designs ed hardy dresses to suit any occasion. If you are looking for a bit more ed hardy Jackets dazzle, consider a comfy waist band mini skirt.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................