THE "NOT-SO" NEWS/JBLA: Oh What A Beautiful Morning...

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Oh What A Beautiful Morning...

So as I was getting ready to head off to the gym this morning but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. One look outside and I knew my cardio would have to be off the treadmill away from the other sweat hogs and onto some hard concrete where I could absorb some of the sun on my rather pale skin. The obvious choice was Lake Balboa over there in Encino.

As you can see it's cherry blossom time. The pink hue of these stunning blossoms against an azure sky helped push from my mind the latest headlines that we are indeed living in a toxic wasteland and will all eventually die from some form of cancer. And here I thought it was going to be a moment on the freeway that would eventually off me. What was I thinking?


Just the thought of breathing in any of this supposedly smog reduced air that will eventually kill us makes me wonder if someone, and I won't say who, has been fucking with the numbers that leads us to believe that our air quality is far better now than it was, say, ten or twenty years ago!

However, pushing this farther into the deep recesses of my mind, I decided it was worth the risk. I had contemplated zipping my sweatshirt up over my mouth as my feet hit the pavement and then said fuck it. I've been breathing this air for almost thirty years so I'm probably almost dead anyway.

None the less, it was a day to enjoy all the budding trees across the entire park. What better way to bring in a new season?



It was peaceful enough to clear my mind, not that there was too much going on in there this early in the day, and I decided that if I had to breath this air I was simply going to enjoy it and deal with the consequences later.

Each time another early morning jogger/walker went past me I found myself looking at their faces to see if there were any tell tale signs of air borne illness, but to my delight, everyone seemed to be perfectly healthy looking. Maybe, just as the landscape here in California has found a way to survive in a desert environment, we too have found a way to adapt and beat the odds!

Some friends decided to join me along the way and they too were feeling quite duckie,probably because they don't bother reading the news!

Their only worry is how and when people will begin to toss out their old bread so their feeding frenzy can begin. I've noticed during my last several visits to the park that there are some regular feeders that come and all the birds, ducks, gulls, etc... apparently know exactly who they are and where they will be.



Well, now that I'm back home I guess I'll duct tape and seal the place off until my next jaunt outside! (she says singing "All I need is the air that I breath")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

One day I was sitting in front of my computer trying to capture an image, but instead, the computer caught my soul. I have been living inside this little box for some time now and I like it when people visit. Come on, you know you want to tell me something...


Get my banner code or create your own banner

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites
referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
get this clock
I got a Goldstar
BlogAdvance Top Blogs
Solution Graphics
........................................
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
.........................................

Powered by Blogger

............................................................................... web site promotion Funniest Video
  • 'BEST BLOG OF THE DAY' JULY 1, 2006 Read The Review .........................................